This is mostly a bugfix release based on feedback, but there are some significant changes as well. The biggest changes are:
- A new status “flanked“.
- A guarantee that stairs are reachable without taking damage from harmful terrain.
- Inanimate monsters no longer sleep to recover.
- Interface changes (no flickering, nicer item display)
- You now bump stairs to use them.
- You can close doors on statues and braziers
- There are no twisty stairs after level 10.
There’s also a huge number of bugfixes. There’s a “what’s new” tutorial for v2.1 that you can run to experience these changes and more.
I hope you enjoy v2.1!